Reducing your intake of carbohydrates can sound a little sad. Afterall we love "the white stuff." You know, potatoes, rice, pasta and bread, our blessed "comfort" foods. But since Terry and I have been living a low-carb lifestyle for the last eight years, I've figured out how to cook many delicious meals without the carbs. This is a delicious, company breakfast dish you can make the night before so you won't have to get up extra early in the morning to fix a meal for your overnight guests. So please enjoy this short cooking video.
If you've been thinking about losing weight by reducing your carbohydrates, I hope you'll read my book "The Mouth Trap: the butt stops here!" I share how Terry and I slashed our carbohydrates eight years ago and are still enjoying the healthy results. We'll never go back!
Here's the recipe and video for the low-carb breakfast casserole.
Sausage & Egg Casserole (for two)
Make Coconut Flour Crust:
- One half cup coconut flour
- One quarter cup coconut oil
- Enough water to make a dough (add slowly and work with the consistency of pie dough made from flour)
Bake crust at 375 degrees for half an hour
- 3 large mushrooms sliced thinly
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- One quarter tsp. Lawry’s Seasoned Salt
- One half cup parmesan cheese grated
- One quarter cup olives chopped
- One half cup sausage fried and drained
- 4 eggs beaten
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt to taste
Melt coconut oil in frying pan on medium high. Sauté mushrooms and onions until they begin to brown. Add cheese and seasoning. Keep cooking until the contents are a delicious brown. Put mixture in the baked crust. Spread chopped olives and any other choices like peppers, tomatoes and such.
Fry sausage and drain put over other ingredients.
Pour beaten eggs over mixture and refrigerate in you are making this ahead of time.
Bake at 400 degrees for half an hour.